Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cry Heart Out

Life is busy here at the Bible school and sometimes I feel like I have no time to rest in the Lord.

Just Be Still.


I get to spend the whole day in God's word, from the moment I wake up till the moment I go to sleep, yet sometimes, its just business. I hate even saying that. the reality. I thirst for time to completely still my soul in His presence.  And what better time to do this than 6am every morning.
I am not a morning person, but during the week, somehow, God has given me the strength to wake up and go on a walk with Him in the mornings before I get into His word. This very well may be the most wonderful part of my day!  

Most days, this walk consists of my heart crying out to God. I tell Him what I fear about the day to come. I confess again how desperately I need his strength to get me through the day. I lay my family, my relationships, my future, everything, at His feet. I walk in awe of His creation. Sometimes I laugh. Most times I cry. I cry when I remember how great He is, and that He has chosen me! I cry for my family, for my roommates, and for my leaders.

You may think I am crazy to enjoy the time I spend crying in the cold! But these tears aren't bitter. In fact, they are sweet.
And even though I am walking (usually quite brickly to stay warm)...

I am still.

resting in His presence. asking Jesus to hold me now. and we walk, side by side.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God

Even in the business of life, especailly in the business of life, make the time to be still.
Have some time to let your heart cry out in the stillness. 

2 comments:

  1. i love this post, Nicole. i am so thankful for you and so proud of you. my heart is heavy and God is doing great things. of course it is bittersweet, but you summed up my desire so well. i love and value you so much!!! thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love you and appreciate you so much, Nicole!!! Thank you for your prayers. :)

    Monca

    ReplyDelete