Monday, February 7, 2011

This Heart Of Mine

Yay! My first blog post!

When my friend Lauren suggested that I start a blog, I was pretty excited about the idea. God is doing so much in my life, and what a fun way to share my heart with you!
As I sat down at my desk trying to figure out what to name my blog, I just started recounting the wonderful things God has shown me through His word lately.
 As I have been studying the Old Testament, one phrase has been jumping off the pages at me... "...with all your heart..." always in relation to devotion to or seeking God.
Deuteronomy 6:5 says "Love the LORD your God with all your heart..." Also in Psalm 119:2 "Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart."
This phrase is all over the Bible, but I rarely considered it, and when I did...how convicting!
I scarcely do anything with my ALL my heart. It really broke me to see, for probably the first time, how divided my heart is, truly! And so, as I think of how sinful this heart of mine is, I can only but strive for the heart of my savior!
Hence the name of this blog...Heart to Heart. As I struggle and learn how to seek the Lord with all my heart, I pray that you join me and that this life-long journey will be one of encouragement for you.

Straight from my heart to yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment